Esophageal Cancer Prevention
Can Esophageal cancer be prevented?
Esophageal cancer is likely to develop through lifestyle and environmental factors and therefore, by following few measures, individuals can reduce the risk of getting exposed to esophageal cancer.
Few measures that help to lower the risk of developing esophageal cancer include:
- Avoiding tobacco and alcohol.
- Following a healthy eating pattern
- Keeping weight under control. Adenocarcinoma esophageal cancer is linked to obesity.
- Seeking treatment for reflux. This helps to prevent Barrett’s esophagus and esophageal cancer.
- Consult a doctor immediately if there’s any symptom of heartburn. It could be a sign of GERD that is gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Take steps to completely eliminate the risk of cancer transmitted through HPV.