What are the symptoms of breast cancer?
The possible symptoms for breast cancer include:
Symptoms cannot be detected in early stages of the cancer, because the tumor is too small to be felt or identified. The abnormality can still be evident in screening tests such as mammogram.
- Lump or thickened area of the breast
- Discharge from either of the nipples
- Swelling in all or part of the breast
- Change to the size or shape of breast or nipple
- Skin irritation or dimpling on the skin of the breast
- Nipple retraction
- Breast or nipple pain
- Breast skin appears red and scaly
When to see a doctor?
It is always advised to consult the specialist if a woman observes any of these above symptoms to prevent the risk of breast cancer.