Plan Your Travel
If you plan to seek cancer treatment at American Oncology Institute (AOI), be rest assured our International Patient Care Services team will assist you in addressing all your queries and concerns regarding visa and travel arrangements, hotel bookings, provision of translators and international insurance coverage to ensure you have a comfortable stay while you receive treatment at our hospital.
Here’s a checklist that will help you to plan your treatment in a foreign country:
- Carry your doctor’s prescription and prescribed diagnostic reports.
- Carry your previous biopsy samples and radio imaging reports.
- Bring your insurance card and some form of identification.
- Carry things that you would need during your stay. Leave other valuables at home.
- Make sure you know your medical history including any allergies.
- Bring a list of your current medications, including the name, dosage and frequency including any supplements you are taking.
- Prior to your arrival here, ask your treating doctor questions about the procedure, what to expect, how long you will be in the hospital and whether you will be sent home or to another facility to recover, etc.