As mentioned above, there’s no known way to prevent most bile duct cancers. Some practical ways to reduce the risk of bile duct cancer includes:
- Get vaccinated against the hepatitis B virus (HBV) to prevent infections
- Take precautions to avoid sexually transmitted infections and help prevent cirrhosis
- Treat hepatitis B and C infections
- Avoid or limit alcohol
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Quit smoking
- Protect yourself against exposure to certain chemicals
Can smoking cause biliary duct cancer?
Yes, some studies suggest that Intrahepatic Bile Duct Cancer is more common among heavy or chain smokers.
Can bile duct cancer be hereditary?
Some people inherit DNA mutations from their parents that greatly increase their risk for certain cancer types. But it sho